Ideal candidates will provide independent primary care in a correctional setting to a specified population of non-emergency patients. In addition, this individual will provide consultation and advice to others.
- Performs medical examinations and evaluations, diagnoses, treatment, follow-up consultation and health education.
- Obtains patient histories and develops patient care treatment plans, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care and/or support staffs.
- Participates in planning programs and in developing specific health policies and procedures.
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.